Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sever's Disease

The most frequent source of heel pain in children between the ages of 9 and 15 is Sever's Disease. It is caused by an inflammation of growth plates in the back of the heel sue to rapid bone growth and is most often seen in children who participate in athletics. With this condition, pains is usually felt at the back and side of the heel bone or even the bottom of the heel. Pain usually worsens when the heel bone is squeezed or when the child is running or jumping. Podiatrists are trained to treat patients of all ages and it is important to have your child examined if they are complaining of heel pain or limping.

3 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Richard for the compliment. The goal of our blogs is to keep our patients and anyone who may be interested informed about the specific footcare needs they encounter in their dailt lives. Don't forget to visit all our blogs, as they have varying information on different conditions, helpful products, and treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete